CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 17, 2009

The start of birthday celebrations...

As I type this, Kevin is driving home from San Antonio!! Last time I heard from him he was some where in Arkansas HA! I'll have to blog about his homecoming and the girls' reactions sometime later this week.



As for the title of this post, Emma will be turning TWO YEARS OLD on Saturday!!!! Today, she had a little celebration with her preschool class. I brought in cupcakes, juice boxes and little goodie bags for her friends to take home.



I had really high aspirations of making these fabulous Kitty cupcakes that I found directions for on Betty Crocker's website. The lady in the video made it look so easy and effortless and I was just sure that I would be able to create some, in honor of Emma's best friend in the world: her Build-A-Bear kitty she got on her first birthday from Auntie Mae and Uncle Ian. They didn't come out nearly as fabulous as I had hoped but I don't think any of the kids would have noticed/cared anyway :)








It was kinda funny because they did it right after their nap time and some of the kids were still half asleep and just sat there in a daze. 2 kids didn't even touch their stuff. I think Emma had fun and she really beamed when her teachers sang Happy Birthday to her.








I can't believe my little girl is getting so big.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Aww, Happy early birthday, Emma! Your cupcakes turned out great- I don't think I could make them look half as good!

Cortney and Dave said...

Wow, Dave and I just caught up on your blog since September 1st! We are behind:( We love your posts Mandy, cute, meaningful, and does it's job of missing you guys even more...blah. Happy Birthday to our sweet Emma, we hope she love's her baby doll:)

Mae said...

So cute! I heart those kitty cakes. I'm so glad the sweet girl had a good birthday! We miss you all so much already!