CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Overdue

Wow. It's been a while, let's see if I can remember how to do this! ha


I will blame part of our absence on the fact that we were without a computer for about 3 weeks and the rest on the fact that we have been BUSY. Kevin left for his officer's course in San Antonio July 12th and we have missed him so much. God has been so gracious to us, though, and has carried me and the girls through this separation and we look forward to seeing him on Sept 18th! It will have been a looooong 9 weeks and Emma misses her daddy so much.


While he's been gone we've been doing our best to keep busy and enjoy the summer. A few of our adventures have included shopping at the Opry Mills in Nashville and dining at the Aquarium Restaurant. The girls have had playdates with some buddies at our house, at the splash park on post, and at The Monkey's Treehouse in Nashvegas.


I completed a Bible study with a ladies group at church and have started a Wednesday night study as well. I also joined a HUGE MOPS group here in town and have already fell in love with some of the ladies I've met!

Kev and I got a really special treat a couple weeks ago when Nana and Papa came to town to watch the girls for a weekend so I could fly to San Antonio and see Kevin! This was such an awesome gift and we are so grateful to have gotten some one-on-one time. Many thanks to Joe and Jill for also watching the girls and hauling me to and from the airport :)

Sweet Hannah is over 7 months old now and is a chunk! I'm going to start calling her my little butterball because you just want to squeeze her. She is rolling all over the place, loves to sit on the floor with toys and is really trying to scoot on her belly.

Emma will be 2 in a couple weeks and is transforming into such a little lady. Her vocabulary grows daily and she leaves me in awe with her ability to carry on full conversations. And, sniff, she will be starting Preschool next week!!

I am going to try to be better about posting more often. For now, I'll leave you with a few pictures of what we've been up to!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Great pictures! The girls are getting so big!

Mae said...

Soo glad I'm going to get to see you all soon. I can't wait to get a hold of those girls and smother them with kisses! Thanks for the new post! I love the pic of Hannah & your dad!