CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 7, 2009

I love Walgreens

I am fairly new to the couponing world and am still working on strategies to make them stretch. My favorite place for deals, though, is Walgreens. They are really great about running really good sales and also for offering Register Rewards (basically a coupon for a certain dollar amount off your next purchase.) This is what I bought today:



Playtes Sport 36 ct
Glade Sense and Spray Starter Kit
2 tubes of 6 oz Colgate Max White
Aquafresh Iso-Active Whitening
Glade Glass Candle Warmer
4 pack Glade candles for warmer
Windex All-in-One outdoor cleaner

The total value for the items is $56.15
After coupons, I only paid $29.39!!

AND I got $9 in Register Rewards to use on my next purchase. So that means my out of pocket expense is only $20.39. Not too bad, huh?

I really wish I could make some better deals with groceries. I read about lots of people who save 50% and more with coupons and sales but I just haven't been able to make it happen yet. A lot of the food coupons I get are for things we either wouldn't eat or are really expensive items to begin with (therefore, wouldn't save on your bottom line). I find good deals on breakfast stuff and some lunch stuff but it doesn't make that big of a dent on the bill. Also, I've tried planning meals around what's on sale and what coupons I have but that would mean eating lots of bacon, hot dogs and lunch meat :) Anyway, I'm sure I'll figure it out some day.

We hope every one is having a good Labor Day. Emma starts her first day of preschool tomorrow and I think we might barbecue with Joe and Jill tonight. Be sure to tune in tomorrow for pics of Emma going to school (that is, if there are any that don't involve her crying or throwing a fit; she hates saying Goodbye). :)

0 comments: