CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 31, 2007

3, 2, 1, Happy New Year!


I'm having a quiet New Year's Eve at home. Emma is tucked into bed and Kevin is working tonight and won't be home until the ball is about to drop. I got a wind of energy tonight and did some cleaning around the house. One of my most absolute favorite feelings in the world is the feeling you get when you walk in your house after being gone all day and it is spotless. I figure if I know I have a clean house to come home to on Wednesday it will be a sweet ending to a day of work.


I've been doing a lot of introspection this past week. I suppose most people do, this time of year. Christmas and New Year seem to be natural backdrops to renewing commitments, righting wrongs in your life, and making fresh starts. I've never been a "resolution" kinda gal but I seem to have several this year. For starters, like many people, I want to get in shape. I'm still carrying 20 Emma pounds and would like to get rid of them. Mainly, I don't have any clothes that fit and it would be nice to not have to chose between maternity wear or gym clothes.


Second, I want to clean up my language. I don't even know how it has happened but I've developed a potty mouth and it's got to go. It's not a good representation as a Christian and I don't want Emma to pick up my bad habit. I haven't figured out a reward/punishment method yet. I really don't want to wear a rubberband on my wrist and inflict pain everytime I goof. If you have any ideas, I'll take them.


Third, I really want to re-new my relationship with God and re-dedicate my life. It's weird how life can hand you the greatest blessing (eg. a child) and you are so at peace with your life and have every reason to be thankful...yet at those times it seems to be the easiest to get too caught up on Easy Street and forget to give thanks. This has happened to me over the last several months. And even though my life is more perfect than it has ever been I'm feeling a void. Kevin's brother and wife gave us Sacred Parenting for Christmas. I've started reading it and even though I'm only on chapter three it has given my core a shake that I really needed.


So, after some prayer and meditation I'm feeling very excited about my New Year resolutions. It makes me really happy to think about re-connecting with my old friend Jesus. I hope that all of you are anxious to ring in the new year like I am. I love you all, Happy New Year!!!!!!

0 comments: