CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Random

Emma is still feeling really yucky today. She started having a few more symptoms so we called the on-call doctor; it is nothing needing urgent care but we are supposed to call and get her an appointment in the morning for an evaluation. Sweet girl, she's been in a pretty good mood considering she's her temp has been above 103 since Thursday afternoon. She felt especially horrible this morning. She just wanted to lay on the couch with her pillow and watch Mary Poppins.




And because I can't post a picture of Emma without posting one of Hannah, here's the sweet girl after her bath tonight



So, I've been attempting to enter the coupon world. I've read so many blogs of people who save $90 on their grocery bill, or get diapers for $2 a pack, or end up getting things free after discounts. It seemed so overwhelming to me to have to cut-out papers and organize everything and then match it up with sales. But, I've been slowly giving it a shot. Today, I had my first big success! I went to Walgreens with a bunch of coupons and a sales ad. Below is what I purchased:
Every single one of these items were already on sale in the store. Even with the discounts that Walgreens applied, the value of these items came to $61.34. After applying my coupons that I had, I only paid........

$21.03!!!!!!
My coupons saved me $40.31! AND, I got $6 in Register Rewards (basically like a gift card) to use on my next purchase so that makes it more like $15.03.
I'm so super excited. I am trying very hard to cut back our grocery budget (I spend WAY too much money on food) and I'm hoping to get it down to $30 a week. Not too bad for a family of 4. Now, I have to see if I can top my savings at the grocery store this week!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Poor Girl! Hope she's feeling better soon!

Mrs. Misty said...

OK......I need some details on this coupon clipping/saving stuff!!!!
~Misty

Amber said...

watch out cause you will be addicted now!!! I started back in Oct of last year and I've saved a ton of money! I don't know the last time i paid for shampoo :) I hope Emma feels better soon!

newmanfamily said...

Hope Emma gets to feeling better!
Lori

Holly said...

I know how Emma feels, I'm sick today too.

Wow, those are some impressive savings! :)

newmanfamily said...

Ok, Mandy, I finally figured out how to delete the other blog so we will see if you can find me now.
Lori