CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Poor Girl

Poor Emma is either sick with a summer virus or is perhaps cutting her next set of molars. Whatever the cause, she has had an "impressive" fever for the last 3 days and is feeling really miserable. She pretty much has not eaten anything and isn't drinking much either. I feel so bad for her because she can't find the words to tell us how she feels or what we can do to make her feel better. We've been keeping her dosed on Tylenol and Motrin round the clock to keep her fever under control. Today, she woke up crying about an hour into her nap. I brought her into the living room and cradled her in my arms and she laid there for nearly an hour! Emma never lets us hold or cuddle her anymore and while I was sad for her that she felt so terrible, it also felt precious to have my girl in my arms. Sigh.
If it is a bug we've managed to keep Hannah from catching it (so far.) She has been in a fantastic mood and smiles all the time. She is really getting the hang of rolling over and loves to chew on her fingers and toys. Last night we discovered that a tip of her second tooth has broke through. She's thinking, "Bring on the steak!"
I think Kevin is going to church solo tomorrow. Emma needs to stay home for obvious reasons and I'm afraid to send Hannah in case it is a bug or virus. Maybe I'll read to the girls from one of Emma's Bible Story books.
*Side note* I always laugh when we read from that book because on the cover is Jesus with a bunch of children. One of the little girls is dark-skinned with dark brown hair and Emma always says, "Dora!"

0 comments: