CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

So Blessed

This week has been a bit of an emotional roller-coaster. Partially, I'm sure, because I'm hormonal and uncomfortable and literally days away from delivery. But, it's also been stressful trying to tie up loose ends at work, get a new person trained and also deal with the logistics of some of my "management" duties.


At the end of the day on Tuesday, I was ready to throw in the towel. There were some administrative issues being discussed and worked on and I was getting really frustrated and feeling overwhelmed because it felt like noone understand my view on things. I was really doubting my role as a manager and whether I was cut out for it. Needless to say, I had a little pity party for myself Tuesday night and was really bummed.

Yesterday I came to work and the day started like any other. Right before lunch, though, one of my staff called me and suspiciously told me to not make any lunch plans and to come down to the clinic at noon. When I went down, all my staff were there as well as the providers I work with and some others- they had decorated and thrown me a surprise baby shower! There was pizza and a cake, tons of cute decorations, and loads of gifts for sweet Hannah. It was so unexpected. As we all sat and visited over lunch, I felt so blessed.

Not just because we were given gifts (that is a huge blessing) but because I had people who cared about and supported me. These folk that just the day before I was doubting whether I served them well or did a good job, affirmed for me that I'm doing alright! It really uplifted me and kicked my butt out of my pity party. I'm so thankful for my job and all the people there.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I am sorry your week was such a downer, but glad things got better for you. We are thinking of you guys and praying for things to go smoothly for you! We love you all!

Cortney and Dave said...

Love your new blog too! It looks fab and so does your family:) We love you much!