CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 19, 2009

1 Week! ...and counting


I am so excited to know that by this time next week our sweet baby girl will be here. I can't wait to see her little face and kiss her little toes. I have a fair bit going on this coming week and am hoping it will help pass the time quickly.

Friday was my last day of work and the start of my maternity leave. I kicked off the "break" on Saturday by getting a pedicure and my hair done. Some fabulous folks at work got me a gift certificate for the pedi and it felt so relaxing. I found myself thinking, "I should get one of these every week!" Kevin may disagree... But, I'm glad that I will have some fabulous toes while lying in a hospital bed!


Sunday I went to church in the morning and attended a meeting for the church nursery. Then, that night we went back to church for a free viewing of Fireproof. If you haven't seen this movie, you must! It is such a great film about having a God-centered marriage, forgiveness, grace, overcoming problems, etc. It really touched Kev and I and I'm sure we'll watch it again.
Today, Kev and I had lunch with some awesome friends, David and Carrie. Their daughter Erin is about 5 1/2 months older than Emma and Hannah will be about 5 1/2 months older than their second baby!! We're so excited that they are expecting again and can't wait to meet Baby Lee in July. :)
Tomorrow will be full of cleaning, some errands and hopefully a nap. My sister-in-law Mae and baby Isabelle are coming to stay with us on Wednesday and will be here through Hannah's birth. We haven't got to see Isabelle since Thanksgiving and can't wait to kiss her and see how big she's gotten!
More updates will follow. Thanks to everyone who's been praying for and supporting us!

4 comments:

Mae said...

We're so excited to see you guys! Don't worry about trying to do too much cleaning tomorrow - that's why I'm coming! :) Well, that and we love & miss you and want to meet Miss Hannah and the first possible opportunity! BTW - love the 'do and I'm totally jealous of the pedicure! I don't think I've even painted my toes since I was about 25 weeks prego. :)

Mrs. Misty said...

There is something to be said about having a fresh pedi before going to the hospital!!! I agree with you though...one a week would be fantastic!!!
~Misty

Heather said...

Wow- so close! How exciting! I can relate to your pedicure stance- I don't usually spend money on that type of thing too often, but when I was pregnant last summer, I got a pedicure every 2 weeks, and Tyler just had to deal with it!

Cortney and Dave said...

Yay new baby niece! Can't wait! Love your toes and great hair:)