CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

6 months ago today


my baby girl was born. Wow. Half a year. I can not believe that so much time has passed already. In a sense, I feel like I have loved and known her forever. Other times, I feel like it was only a month ago that our lives changed.


I had my first date with Kevin 10 years ago and feel like we have a solid relationship. Boy, has Emma put that to the test. It's amazing how conversations with your spouse change when it is 4:30 in the morning, and you've both been surviving on 2-3 hours sleep for over a week. Or when you're in the middle of a restaurant trying to decide the course of action when you have a screaming child, but your food hasn't arrived yet. Or when you just know if your spouse would bounce her this way she would stop crying but you can't say anything because you're BOTH the parent and you BOTH have to learn your own ways to care for her and your way is NOT the only way. My life is changed forever, and so is my relationship with my husband.


I never knew how sexy a man could look with a child sleeping on his chest. I never knew my heart could skip a beat from seeing my husband brushing our daughter's hair. I never knew I could laugh so hard by watching a man make silly faces and noises, just to make our girl smile.


I know I have changed, too. I can't tell you how, you'd have to ask Kevin about that. I know I have more stress and chaos in my life than I've ever had but that comes with more love and joy and kissies and laughter too. My life is awesomely blessed. Thank you all for being a part of our daughter's life. There's more to come.

2 comments:

GLS said...

Can't believe sweet little Emma is 6 months old! She is just perfect!

p.s. TAG...you're IT...check out my blog for details :-)

Mae said...

It's hard to believe the time is going by so quickly! Having Emma in our lives has been such a blessing to the whole family. It's been wonderful to watch you and Kev grow as parents over the past year (yep, I'm including the pregnancy time!). You are fantastic role models! :)