CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 4, 2008

New Ventures



This past Sunday, after church, Emma had her first bite of food: rice cereal. She was less than enthused. She did pretty good about keeping it in her mouth and swallowing, which is a good sign that she's ready for foods. Kevin and I decided to taste it and concluded it tastes like butt. It's pretty gnarly, primarily because it's reconstituted with formula. We tried her with a little more tonight and she did a little better. She'll be a chow-down champ in no time!


We have started having a Bible study on Sunday nights with Kevin's brother Dave and his wife Cortney. Yesterday was our second week to meet and it's going really great. We thought we would go through Paul's letters and are working on I Corinthians. It has been really great to meditate on a few chapters throughout the week and then come together to discuss them and learn about them. We spent a lot of time last night talking about Chapter 8 and how we must strive to be good examples for "younger" Christians and be careful to not do anything that would turn a believer away. We talked about areas we need to improve in and how we could do so. Next week we'll be talking about the love chapter, so that should be really awesome. I'll keep you all informed :)


This week is the start of Lent. We're going to an Ash Wed service at our church. We are going to give up TV for Lent, because it's become a pretty big distraction in our lives. We've decided this means no movies, no shows, no sports, and no Guitar Hero. Who knows, maybe we'll find something to talk about!


I thought I would post this sweet video of Emma. You can hear how vocal she's become and see some of her hand-mouth coordination. She works so hard at getting that binky in her mouth.





2 comments:

Mae said...

Hi! Connor Cat ran over to the computer when I played the video and then he brought me his snake toy. I think he's still jealous. :) I can't believe she's doing so many things now. I'm reading along with you guys in Corinthians! :) love you guys!
Mae

Jill said...

We enjoyed the video! She is just so sweet. I can't believe that she is nearing 5 months! I hope everything is going well for you all. We love you guys!