CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hand-Me-Down

I like to think of myself as a deal-finder and fairly saavy with my shopping. This is especially true with things we buy for the girls (okay, minus their outrageous crib and dresser...). Since I was pregnant with Emma I have been a fan of buying used things. Almost all of my maternity clothes were either borrowed or bought off of Ebay. I also bought huge lots of baby clothes, shoes and supplies from Ebay and resale shops. I have always figured that a lot of baby gear is used for such a short time that you can find "used" stuff that is like new.


Kevin and I got into a discussion related to this the other day. We started listing off all the used items that have been given to us from people we know. The list is HUGE. I had never taken the time to pause and realize just how blessed and lucky we have been with so many essential items being handed off to us from friends and family that could have sold them and made a buck back. This list does not even include all the wonderful NEW things people have bought and given to us, which is also very long.


I wanted to document it here so that I can look back on it often and remind myself how truly blessed and loved we are. Also, it really leads me to want to hand these items down to others who could use them instead of consigning them. Pay it forward, right?



Exersaucer that both girls played in



Eddie Bauer wodden booster seat





Bath towels. EVERY SINGLE bath towel both our girls have ever used are hand-me-downs




Graco high chair. Both of our girls used this chair.



Bath tub- both of our girls used this as well



Over-the-door jumper. Possibly Emma's favorite thing ever


The list doesn't even include the massive amount of clothes, shoes and bibs from multiple people, boxes and boxes of toys, coats, baby blankets, diapers that were found in a closet :) etc.

It is very humbling to read through this list in my mind.

It soon will be my turn.

0 comments: