CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Time to be upbeat

I realize I've been complaining alot when really I have much to be thankful for. Namely, my precious girl Emma!

We really had a great Sunday. This morning, we got up for church and heard an awesome sermon on "Servin' it up!" In order to become more like Christ, we have to be servants to one another. We talked about how Jesus washed his disciples' feet in the upper room and also the passage that speaks of, "...that which you did for the least of these..." It was really uplifting and has inspired me to look for ways I can serve others.


After church, I took Emma to the mall to get her some new jammies and pants. She was so sweet the whole time we were shopping. I got her some cute jammies from Children's Place that were on sale. Bonus. I also got her some Jumbo Crayons and she colored us a picture when we got home that is proudly displayed on our fridge. We visited with Kev before he went to work and then she took a bath and got ready for bed.


I normally rock her every night for a few minutes before lying her in her crib. Tonight, she hopped up in her rocker by herself with her Lovey and Baby Bible. She was trying so hard to rock her self and kept head banging in to the back. In this pic, she's showing me where her belly is. :)
We're amazed each day at how smart she is and all the things she's learning. When we say it's bath time, she walks to the bathroom on her own and starts trying to undress herself.
When we tell her it's time to change her diaper or, "Change your butt," as Daddy says, she walks straight to her room and changing table.
She can follow lots of simple commands and is starting to learn the motions to some songs. Her favorite is the Itsy Bitsy Spider. It's crazy how fast she's growing and turning into a little girl versus my little baby. Oh, and to think there's going to be a new baby in the mix soon...that's crazy.
Hope y'all had a great weekend. I'll post an update after my appt with the doctor on Wednesday

1 comments:

Cortney and Dave said...

Baby girl is growing up :) and :( We miss you all so much! All of Emma's recent pictures are absolutely adorable! We will be praying for you with all the pregnancy boos and any other stressors right now. Keep your chin up and take care - we are so excited to see you soon!
Love, Cort and Dave