CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yay!!!! and Grrrrrr!!!

First the yay:
Kevin and I got a package in the mail yesterday. It was a birthday present (mine's the 7th, Kev's is the 11th) from Dave and Cort, Mae and Ian and Joe and Jill. It is a Wii!!!!!! We were so super surprized and excited. Now we need to get Mario Cart and then we can have mad family racing wars even though we all live in different states.

Huge thank-you's to all of you, you guys rock and we love you. Oh, yeah, Emma really loves the box too!

Now the Grrr:
This last week or so I have begun swelling in my legs and hands. I was about this far along in my pregnancy with Emma when I started to swell. Then my bp started creeping up. Then I started dumping protein in my urine, then bedrest, then an early c-section, then continued bp issues requiring to me to be re-admitted to the hospital when Emma was 6 days old. Ugh. I have been so optimistic that this pregnancy was going to be a breeze and has been thus far.

I went for my monthly check today and my glucose tolerance test. My bp was up a little bit but nothing crazy (134/72) From week 1 of pregnancy to week 23 I gained 9 lbs, which is great. From week 23 to today, week 27, I've gained another 9 lbs, which is bad. My doctor is going to keep a close eye on things and is having me come back in 1 week for another check. He said he's not too worried yet and that this may just be a "blip in the screen" and I'll be fine from here on out. I hope so.

I know God is watching over me and the baby and that He will take care of me same as he did last time. It's just a little disappointing to think I may be headed down this path. Please keep me in your prayers and I'll post an update after my appointment next week. Grrr

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mandy I miss you so much! I hope everything works out with your pregnancy. What a bummer that bringing those pretty baby girls into this world causes your poor body so much trouble! I hope to see you soon. I am on maternity leave, having our baby girl on Friday the 14th. I tried to coax her out on your birthday but if it were up to her she would stay put until she is 2. So we are scheduling induction for midnight on Thursday. We will send you a pic when she makes her debut! I love you so much. Kiss Emma for me. Give Hannah a rub too.

Lesley