CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

I'm sick of "Grrr's"

I really don't want to complain, but come on! Thursday, my doc's nurse called to say that my glucose tolerance test was abnormal by TWO POINTS! 2 lousy points but I still had to do the three hour tolerance test at the hospital. This is annoying but wouldn't have been too big of a deal except for the fact she said it had to be done in the next 3 days (before I hit 28 weeks). Basically I had to have it done by Monday at the latest. With such short notice and it being flu season, there wasn't any way I could miss 4 hours of work on Fri or Mon so I had to do it today (Sat).

Sigh. I had planned on going to Wichita this weekend to meet my baby niece Isabelle Grace. I was so bummed out that I couldn't be there when she was born but was really looking forward to going this weekend. Now, it couldn't happen. It really stinks and I'm having a bit of a pity party right now.

I'm not worried about the glucose; I'm sure the results on Monday will be fine. When I was pregnant with Emma I had to do the 3 hour test because the first one was a few points out of range. I just wish I could be one of those lucky gals who have easy, blissful pregnancies. Oh, well, the end result is worth it.

2 comments:

Mae said...

Poor Mandy! It totally stinks that you weren't able to come this weekend, but it was great to chat with you on Skype! We'll keep our fingers crossed that we'll get to see you next weekend. Maybe God just wanted you to be able to visit with Jill, too. :) We love you!

Jill said...

I wish you had an easier time too! But I will be excited if I get to see you too! Take care and we'll pray the rest of your pregnancy will go smoothly!