CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A trip to the ER...

Yesterday was an eventful day for us; we spent the afternoon in the ER. Ugh. I woke up Sunday morning with a little bit of a headache. It felt like a sinus headache so I took some ibuprofen and a Sudafed. We went to church and spent the rest of the afternoon at home. By evening, my headache was getting worse and worse. Kevin decided to check my blood pressure and it was running around 150/100- not good. Since it was the middle of the night at this point and both girls were sleeping, we decided to try to tough it out and see if things got better by morning. Well, they did but by 11AM it was building back up again. I really didn't feel like I could tolerate the pain anymore and was a bit worried about my blood pressure so we headed in to the ER (where Kevin works). Long story short, they gave me some meds to bring my blood pressure down, ran some tests to make sure I wasn't developing pre-eclampsia post-partum (I'm not, thank goodness), and gave me several different meds to relieve the pain. Finally, around 4 pm, I was completely drugged up and pain free. I'm so thankful that the pain has not returned!!
Kevin was so supportive and really took care of me and the girls for 2 days. I know that he hasn't had much sleep the past week and he's been working. I don't know what we would do without him!


Emma was very proud to wear a Big Sister shirt to church on Sunday. This was the first opportunity for a lot of our friends at church to meet Hannah and congratulate Emma on her new status. Hannah slept the whole time we were there :)


She's still been a pretty easy baby for the most part. She will have at least one 4 hour sleep session at night and sleeps most of the day. She's eating about 3 oz every 2-4 hours.
Thanks, again, to everyone who's been sending prayers and warm wishes our way. We're excited for everyone to get a chance to meet our new little angel and hope all is well with you!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Those girls are just too sweet! So glad you are feeling better too. We can't wait to come and see ya'll :) Love to you all!

Cortney and Dave said...

Glad you are better Mandy! Hope it stays that way:) Give our love to the girls!! We love you!!