CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Day 1 of "Sleep Training"


I had to post this adorable smile I ca
ptured this morning after Emma ate. It's amazing, considering that the girl didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night! We have started trying to get Emma to sleep in her crib (instead of our arms) and we officially have 1 night under our belt.
We have decided on a bedtime routine starting around 7:30ish to consist of bath, eat, rocking with a story/lullabye, prayer and into bed. It actually started okay last night. We swaddled her and put her into bed around 8:30. We would go in and comfort her every 10 minutes until she fell asleep, which only took a few times. So, she was sound asleep around 9 and I was feeling pretty cocky. "This isn't so bad," I thought to myself. Kevin and I went to bed and slept so soundly. Until midnight. I went upstairs to her room and nursed her, changed her diaper, swaddled her and put her back into bed. I repeated the comfort every 10 minute routine as earlier in the night. This time, though, it took until 6 AM. Actually, it didn't even happen then, but I got her up to eat again, swaddled, etc. She went to sleep pretty easily around 7 and slept until 10 (so did I).
I'm feeling a little sluggish, to say the least, but I'm hopeful. She's actually taking her first nap of the day right now in her swing (Can we say AMEN)? I'll keep everyone posted on how it all goes. Who knows, maybe she'll sleep through the night this time. HA!

2 comments:

Mrs. Misty said...

It is a slow process, but it will eventually work!!!! We have the same routine with Garrett and miraculously one night---WORKED!!!!!
Love,
Misty

GLS said...

Love the picture! Sounds like you guys are on the right track with the sleep thing...good luck. Hope to see you soon.
Love,
Laura