CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Can You Smell The Turkey?


I have such strong cravings for turkey and dressing. I can not wait to feast on all the Thanksgiving trimmings. I love this time of year because you don't have to feel guily about induging in delicious food (until January when you realize you've gained 10 lbs). I am so excited about seeing all my in-laws and for them to meet Emma. I know so many people who have conflict with their spouse's family, but I couldn't ask for a better bunch of people. Every time we're together we have so much fun and laughter. There's love and friendship among everyone and it always creates a warm-snuggly feeling in my heart. Then, it is so sad when the "get-together" is over and everyone goes their separate ways. There's rumor amidst all of us that there is a possiblity we'll all end up living near each other in the upcoming year. I am hoping and praying that this comes to pass. I did not know much of my extended family when I was growing up. I didn't even know any of my grandparents beyond an occassional funeral. I want so much more for Emma. I want her to have the support and security that comes from family; the kind of relationships I never had. Me and Kev sure could use the support, too. It is nice to have a pat on the back for the efforts we're making to be good parents. Kevin's twin brother and his wife Cortney live here in Springfield and have been fantastic. They have made such an effort to spend a lot of time with us and Emma and to be available to help when we've needed them. I'm so thankful for them!


I hope that all of you have much to be thankful for this year. Kev and I have had a very rough and sad year in some aspects, but there have been many blessings (duh, our baby girl!) It's funny, though, we are both hoping this next year doesn't hold as much excitement. It would be nice to just coast for a while. :) Many blessings and safe travel to all of you. We love you all and are very thankful for each of you!

Love, Kev and Mandy

1 comments:

Mae said...

I am so excited to see you guys and so thankful for our family. My brothers are my favorite people in the world (well, I do really like my husband, too).:) It was a scary thing to have them get married because you never know how in-laws will change dynamics. I feel so blessed to have three wonderful new sisters who are amazing women and have enriched our family... and are a lot of fun, too! See you soon!
love,
Mae