CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

We made it to Tennessee

I don't have any pictures to post yet or much time but just wanted to put up a quick post that we made it to Tennessee on Saturday evening. The trip was actually pretty uneventful and the girls did great! Joe and Jill are graciously letting us stay with them until we find a place and Emma is loving having extra attention (and new stuff to explore. She snuck into their bedroom yesterday and broke Jill's glasses *sigh*).

Tomorrow is Kev's first day to report. We've spent the last 2 days trying to get ID cards, enroll for benefits, get decals for our cars, etc and haven't accomplished any of it! Ha, got to love the military. Apparenly, Kevin is going to have some kinks to try to iron out concerning his status and the way it's entered into the computer. It's been a headache and frustrating but I'm trying to stay positive.

The awesome thing is that we were pretty sure we would have to rent a place for a few months before we could buy, BUT, that doesn't look to be the case. We have actually found a house that we love-love-love and are hoping to put in an offer this week (pending Kevin can work out those kinks quickly). I'll try to get some pics and find time to post more details about the things I had promised from before.

Until then, we miss and love you all!!!

4 comments:

Mrs. Misty said...

I was so happy to see a post this morning!! Sorry to hear that you are having a few minor issues. Good luck with the house!!
Thinking of you guys!!!
~Misty

Anonymous said...

We so miss you already but are glad that you made it ok!!

Cortney and Dave said...

we are glad you guys made it safely and hope that you guys can get those kinks worked out quickly! Keep us posted on the house too!

crisco said...

I also am glad you had a safe, uneventful trip. I am excited you may have a house soon too! Somewhere in all my guzillion pieces of paper is the story of how Joe came to break my glasses. Sorry Jill, it appears it runs in the family. I am wrapping my arms around all of you and giving a big squeezzzeeee...love Grammy